The Association of Professional Genealogists is seeking two enthusiastic, innovative, successful, and detail-oriented individuals to work together to manager our Professional Management Conference from concept through completion. This event anchors the association’s yearly event which provides education and interaction for its members.
Role and Responsibilities:
The Co-Coordinators provide organization, leadership, interaction, oversight, and coordination with the related committee. In conjunction with the assigned committees develop, plan, and execute various tasks to present a quality on-site or virtual event. Exhibits excellent organizational skills, including multitasking, time management, and meticulous attention to detail.
- Develop conference focus based on APG’s goals and strategic plans.
- Create a team of committees, namely publications, publicity, marketing, program development, registration, venue, and web presence.
- Cooperate with the committees to assist them in accomplishing their goals.
- Develop both a short term and long-term timeline.
- Examine, review, and modify the project’s budget for the appropriate expenses and revenue.
- for on-site, analyze facilities, hotel contracts, arrangements of room assignments, meal planning, welcome packages, and audio/visual arrangements.
- for virtual, arrangements of live broadcasts, and webinars.
- Develop conference activities for on-site, centered around such things as library tours or round table discussions.
- Collaborate with contractors and vendors.
- Specify, assemble, organize, and train volunteer for event.
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems prior to and on the days of the event.
- Prepare monthly reports to the APG Executive Director.
- Conduct an after-event survey with participants, speakers, and committees.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Applicants hold a bachelor’s degree in suggested areas like business, communications, or hospitality.
- Can demonstrate previous conference planning experiences.
- Has strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Both Event Co-Coordinators are independent contractor (non-employee). Compensation range is $4,000 to $7,000, plus reimbursement for approved expenses, complimentary PMC registration, and APG membership.
Interested candidates should send an introductory letter and resume to executive director, Kathleen W. Hinckley, email@example.com by 15 March 2021.