The APG Advertising Sales Manager is an independent contractor (non-employee), who reports to the Executive Director (ED), and works in cooperation with the editors of APG publications. The Advertising Sales Manager will be compensated $200 per month and receive a 20 percent sales commission on ad sales, paid on a quarterly basis. The position also includes complimentary registration to the National Genealogical Society conference in 2023.
The Advertising Sales Manager is responsible for procuring advertisers for publications of the Association, managing advertiser relationships, and maintaining records of advertising revenues.
The Advertising Sales Manager shall have the following duties and responsibilities:
● Maintain current advertiser relationships and develop new ones through a proactive sales approach.
● Report advertising sales to the Executive Director.
● Provide a quarterly report of advertising sales with calculation of commission.
● Prepare run sheets for the APGQ editor and eNews editor, and PMC syllabus, as required.
● Distribute media kits or flyers to solicit advertising from genealogical and related businesses.
● Encourage members to advertise services to one another through the Quarterly, eNews, and PMC Syllabus.
● Maintain a revenue history of advertisements placed in each issue of the Quarterly and prepare an annual report outlining advertising income by quarter and by advertiser.
Interested candidates should send an introductory letter and resume to APG Executive Director, Michelle Dwyer Cohen, firstname.lastname@example.org, before 5 p.m. on 21 April 2023.