Steven W Morrison
- Not Taking Clients
- Check this if you are currently not taking new clients.
- Business Name
- Steven W Morrison Genealogy
- Non-Research Specialties
- Conference Planner
- Project Manager
- Research Specialties
- Irish American
- Research Provinces / States
- Oregon, United States
- Utah, United States
- Virginia, United States
- Washington, United States
- Research Countries
- Research Time Periods
- 17th Century
- 18th Century
- 19th Century
Steven Waltz Morrison has been a professional genealogist since 2006. He is a past president of the Puget Sound chapter of the Association of Professional Genealogists and the Olympia Genealogical Society. He is also a member of other local and national genealogical societies.
Steven attained a Masters Degree in Public Administration from The Evergreen State College, where he became an adjunct faculty in the graduate program for seven years.
In recent years Steven has advanced his genealogical education by attending twelve genealogical institutes at the Genealogical Research Institute of Pittsburg, the Institute of Genealogy and Historical Research, the Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy, and the British Institute at Salt Lake City.
Steven was a coordinator/instructor for two genealogy institutes: 2018 SLIG, Exploring Quaker Records – At Home and Abroad and 2020 GRIP, Exploring American Quaker Records.
Steven ia a very active genealogical presenter at local societies throughout the northwest, where he's presenting at dozens of conferences and seminars since 2006. He's also addressed international audiences at Ulster American Historical Symposium at Omagh, N. Ireland in 2012, to the Irish Friends (Quakers) Yearly Meeting in 2015, and at the Ulster American Historical Symposium in Toronto, CA in 2018.
Washington State Genealogical Society - Service Award, 2014
The American Society of Genealogists - Scholar Award, 2016
- MPA (Public Administration), BS (Environmental Planning)
- For a complete list of Steven's testimonials, visit his website @ stevenwmorrison.com .
- Steven provides 60-75 minute lectures regarding:
- Genealogy Methods
- Quakers (Religious Society of Friends)
- Ireland and the British Isles
- Migrations & Oregon Trail
For a complete list of Steven's presentations, visit the website @ stevenwmorrison.com .
- As an author, Steven’s genealogical journey began in 1998 with the self-publishing of a remembrance of his grandmother. The book is now part of a millennium time capsule on the Washington State Capitol Campus, and in the Family History Library collection at Salt Lake City. Since then, he’s authored multiple articles and books reviews regarding Quakers (Religious Society of Friends). These include three articles for Familia (the journal of the Ulster Historical Foundation), and others for Journal of Scotch-Irish Studies, Directory of Irish Family History Research, and the Association of Professional Genealogists Quarterly. In 2016 Steven received the American Society of Genealogist (ASG) scholar award for his paper ”Quaker John Starr of Antrim and Cavan, Ireland and his five sons who sailed to Pennsylvania.”
For a complete list of Steven's publications, visit his website @ stevenwmorrison.com .
- APG, Puget Sound Chapter - Past President
Seattle Genealogy Society
Olympia Genealogical Society - Past President
National Genealogical Society
- Website: stevenwmorrison.com
|Street Address:||5903 44th Way NE|