- Business Name
- Jacobson and Jacobson Genealogy Researchers
- Non-Research Specialties
- Research Specialties
- Emigration & Immigration
- Research Time Periods
- 19th Century
- 20th Century
I was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York and currently live in Boca Raton, Florida. I have a BA with honors in History from Brooklyn College and an MS in Education with a Specialization in Counseling with distinction from Hofstra University. I have been doing genealogy research with my sister Leslie for more than 20 years. Leslie and I are partners in the genealogy research company Jacobson and Jacobson Genealogy Researchers. We specialize in Jewish genealogy research. Along with researching for clients we have researched our own family tree back as far as seven generations to our ancestors in Galicia (currently Poland and Ukraine), Ukraine, and Belarus.
I was the President of the Jewish Genealogical Society of Palm Beach County, Inc. (Florida) from 2010 to 2014 and currently serve on the board. Before that, I served as Secretary from 2006-2010. Since 2008 I have been leader of the Galician Special Interest Group for the Jewish Genealogical Society of Palm Beach County, Inc. I have presented numerous genealogy programs to the Jewish Genealogical Society of Palm Beach County, Inc. at their annual Genealogy Symposiums and at general meetings. Programs include using US naturalization records, using Familysearch website, Galician Jewish history and research, using JRI-Poland website, and how I traced my family in the Ukraine. I have mentored peers learning Genealogical research. I have published numerous articles in Scattered Seeds, a publication of the Jewish Genealogical Society of Palm Beach County, Inc., as well as the Galitzianer, a publication of Gesher Galicia.
Since 2014 I have served on the board of Gesher Galicia, a non-profit organization carrying out Jewish genealogical and historical research on Galicia, formerly a province of Austria-Hungary and today divided between southeastern Poland and western Ukraine. For Gesher Galicia I coordinate indexing tax records and answer the Gesher Galicia Infoline, where I field various research questions from all over the world. I am an active Indexing Volunteer for Family Search Indexing. I led an extensive project to index 19th Century Jewish vital records from my grandfather's town of Drohobycz (formerly in Galicia, now Ukraine). I am currently the Drohobycz Town Leader of the AGAD Archive Project for JRI-Poland (Jewish Records Indexing - Poland). I also serve as a Town Leader for indexing for JewishGen's Ukraine SIG.
Our expertise is Jewish Genealogy Research. We can help you find towns of origin for immigrant ancestors and research available documents in Eastern Europe. We can help you create a family tree so you can keep your ancestors alive for generations to come.
NJ, NY, Baltimore, Cleveland, New York City, Philadelphia, Austria-Hungary, Lithuania, Poland, Ukraine
- MS (Education), BA (History)
- Hebrew headstones
- I was very impressed with the thoroughness of the report. It's very obvious that you both worked very hard on my behalf. Thank you so much. Clearly, I made a good decision in choosing to work with you. I am most appreciative of your endeavors. Marlene, Jacobson and Jacobson Genealogy Researchers client
- United States Naturalization Records - A review of online sources for naturalization indexes and records. Jewish Records Indexing Poland - An overview of resources available on their website and search tips. Using FamilySearch - Tips for successfully using the FamilySearch website. Adventures in Ukraine Records - How I used various records to trace back to my seventh great-grandfather
- "All Galicia Database" Scattered Seeds 18 .4 (Fourth Quarter 2011):6-7. Online. "Breaking a Brick Wall Through Family Search" Scattered Seeds 19. 4 (Fourth Quarter 2012):7-8. Online. Galician Record Images are Online The Galitzianer 20 .4 (Fourth Quarter 2013):22-23. Online. How to Index Records The Galitzianer 24 .2 (Second Quarter 2017):6-9. Online.
- Past President and board member, Jewish Genealogical Society of Palm Beach County, Inc. (Florida) Board Member, Gesher Galicia 2014 to present
- Website: www.bocafengshui.com/genealogy.html