Jennifer Liber Raines
- Business Name
- Bridge & Case LLC
- Non-Research Specialties
- Lecturer/Presenter - On-site
- Lecturer/Presenter - Virtual
- Marketing Consultant
- Research Counties
- Erie County, New York, United States
- Genesee County, New York, United States
- Niagara County, New York, United States
- Research Provinces / States
- New York, United States
- Research Time Periods
- 19th Century
- 20th Century
- 21st Century
Professional genealogist offering genealogical and historical research and collection/archival support services. Focus on Erie County (NY) and Western New York.
> Research expertise - Erie County (NY) Poorhouse [Home & Hospital] and Buffalo Orphan Asylum.
> Published historical/genealogical content contributor.
> Community lecturer.
> Historical record preservation & access advocate.
> Marketing and communications professional.
- B.A., English, SUNY Geneseo
- Erie County Hall - Surrogate's Court; County Clerk's Office; Buffalo History Museum; Buffalo & Erie County Public Library; City of Buffalo Inactive Records; City, Town, & Village Clerk's offices throughout Western New York.
- See LinkedIn Recommendations at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jenniferliberraines/
* 2019: William Hoyt Archives Award for Advocacy - New York State Archives
* 2018: Empire Service Award - New York Genealogical & Biographical Society
* 2017: Owen B. Augspurger Award for Service to Local History - Buffalo History Museum
* 2016: Franklin Scott Prize Award, The Swedish American Historical Quarterly as co-author of article, "The Buffalo Orphan Asylum and the Settlement of Swedes in Northern Pennsylvania and Western New York"
- Forgotten People, Forgotten Places: The Lives & Lessons of the Erie County Poorhouse Cemetery Project
Capturing Historical Data: Understanding & Using Transcriptions, Abstracts, and Indexes in Your Research
Death Is Not The End: Introduction to Probate, Wills, and Estates in New York
Places, Faces, & Social Graces: Tips and Techniques for Researching New York Newspapers
Understanding & Utilizing Western New York Land Records
- Print Publications:
Liber Raines, J.L. (2020). Early Buffalo (New York) Tax and Assessment Roll Books: 1815 to 1823 [Series]. Western New York Genealogical Society JOURNAL, 46(4), 181-191; 47(1), 42-47; and 47(2), 88-95.
Liber Raines, J.L. (2019). Children Bound Out by the Erie County Superintendents of the Poor, 1864-1868 [Series]. Western New York Genealogical Society JOURNAL, 45(1), 32-45; 45(2), 89-95; 45(3), 129-143; 45(4), 173-181; 46(1), 16-30; and 46(2), 78-95.
Sandy, D., Jones, J.E., & Liber Raines, J.L. (2016). The Buffalo Orphan Asylum and the Settlement of Swedes in Northern Pennsylvania and Western New York. The Swedish American Historical Quarterly, 67(4), 216-240.
Nystrom, K.C., Sirianni, J., Higgins, R., Perrelli, D., & Liber Raines, J.L. (2016). Structural Inequality and Postmortem Examination at the Erie County Poorhouse. In K.C. Nystrom (Ed.), The Bioarchaeology of Dissection and Autopsy in the United States (pp. 279–300). Springer International.
Liber Raines, J.L. (2016). Erie County Children and Orphans Placed at Local Charitable Institutions (1875-1882) [Series]. Western New York Genealogical Society JOURNAL, 41(2), 53-65; 41(3), 111-120; 41(4), 157-174; 42(1), 6-14; 42(3), 105-110; and 42(4), 166-170.
Conference Posters and Presentations:
Liber Raines, J.L. (2019, June 7). Forgotten People, Forgotten Places: The Lives & Lessons of the Erie County Poorhouse Cemetery Project [Conference luncheon presentation]. New York Archives 2019 Annual Conference, Rochester, NY, United States.
Liber Raines, J.L. (2014, April 14). The Importance of Documentary Evidence in Understanding Demographic Patterns at the Erie County Poorhouse (1851-1926) [Conference symposium poster]. Association of Physical Anthropologists 2014 Conference, Calgary, AB, Canada.
Higgins, R. & Liber Raines, J.L. (2014, April 14). Confirming Burial Location in the Erie County Poorhouse Cemetery Using Death Certificates and Mortality Records from 1880-1913 [Conference symposium poster]. Association of Physical Anthropologists 2014 Conference, Calgary, AB, Canada.
Higgins, R., Liber Raines, J.L., Perrelli, D., & Sirianni, J. (2013, April 28). Using Documentary Evidence to Study the Erie County Almshouse Skeletal Collection: Problems and Potential [Conference presentation]. New York State Archaeological Association 2013 Annual Conference, Watertown, NY, United States.
- Boston University Professional Certificate in Genealogical Research, 2013
- Board Vice President & Advancement Committee Chair - Buffalo History Museum
Member, New York State Historical Records Advisory Board (NYSHRAB)
Researcher & History Committee Member - Erie County Poorhouse Cemetery Project, University at Buffalo
Former President (2017-2019), Chair of Publicity & Community Outreach (2012-2019), and Chair of Programming (2012-2017) - Western New York Genealogical Society
Preservation Chair, Library Volunteer, and Member - Western New York Genealogical Society
Member - New York Genealogical and Biographical Society
Member - Association of Professional Genealogists
Member - American Marketing Association
Member - Digital Marketing Institute
- Business site: bridgeandcase.com
|Street Address:||P.O. Box 681|