Debra A. Hoffman
- Business Name
- Hoffman Genealogical Services
- Non-Research Specialties
- Lecturer/Presenter - On-site
- Research Specialties
- Emigration & Immigration
- German American
- Lineage Societies
- Research Time Periods
- 18th Century
- 19th Century
Specializing in Maryland and German research, Debra A. Hoffman, PLCGS, is a professional genealogist and the owner of Hoffman Genealogical Services. She is a genealogical author, lecturer, and researcher. She is a frequent speaker at genealogical societies, libraries, and has presented at the Genealogical Institute on Federal Records (Gen-Fed), the Institute of Genealogy and Historical Research (IGHR), the International German Genealogy Conference, and coordinated the Maryland course at the Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy (SLIG) in 2020.
She has authored articles in the Carrolltonian, Der Kurier, Bluegrass Roots, Maryland Genealogical Society Bulletin and the Association of Professional Genealogists Quarterly. She has a certificate in Family History from Brigham Young University and a Professional Learning Certificate in Genealogical Studies (PLCGS)-German Records from the National Institute of Genealogical Studies. Since 2009 she has completed courses at IGHR, SLIG and at the Genealogical Research Institute of Pittsburgh (GRIP).
Active in the genealogical community, Debra was the past Assistant Director for Gen-Fed, is an At-Large Board Member of the Maryland Genealogical Society and is the Recording Secretary for the Mid-Atlantic Germanic Society. Debra is a member of the Association of Professional Genealogists and belongs to the William Winchester Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution as well as many other state and local genealogical societies.
Assistant Director, Genealogical Institute on Federal Records (Gen-Fed) (2015 - 2020); At-Large Board Member, Maryland Genealogical Society (2014 - Present); Recording Secretary, Mid-Atlantic Germanic Society (2010 - Present); Various Positions, Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy (SLIG) Committee (2013 - 2020); Vice President, Carroll County Genealogical Society (2015 - 2018); APGQ Advisory Committee (2013 - 2016); Columbia Family History Center Volunteer (2009 - 2015)
Maryland (City of Baltimore, Central and Western), Germany
- BBA (Business Management)
- DAR Library,Library of Congress,Maryland Historical Society Library,Maryland Law Library,Maryland Room, C. Burr Artz Library,Maryland State Archives,National Archives and Records Administration
- Please contact me at email@example.com for my most current list of lecture offerings.
- Certificate in Genealogical Studies (NIGS), Certificate in North American Research (Brigham Young University)
- Carroll County Genealogical Society Maryland Historical Society Anne Arundel Genealogy Society Maryland Genealogical Society Mid-Atlantic Germanic Society Sacramento German Genealogy Society German Genealogical Group
|Street Address:||PO Box 755|