the Association of Professional Genealogists
The APG Great Plains Chapter was established in 2012 by members of the Association of Professional Genealogists who felt a need to communicate with other professionals in Nebraska, including the Omaha-Council Bluffs metropolitan area. Our goal is to provide greater visibility through community involvement and outreach to local genealogical and historical societies and organizations and to provide an opportunity for growth for those seeking to become professionals.
Three time recipient (2014, 2015 and 2016) of Honorable Mention in the Golden Chapter Award Selection for excellence in programs, collaboration among members, and administration of a small chapter.
- To provide education and support for those engaged in genealogical business pursuits;
- To engage in activities which improve access, facilitate research, and preserve records used in the fields of genealogy and local history;
- To promote awareness of activities and/or laws which may affect genealogical and historical research;
- To facilitate collaboration among members;
- To promote professional standards in the field of genealogy; and
- To promote awareness of, and interest in, professional genealogical services.
Our chapter meets quarterly for business meetings via Zoom (unless otherwise announced) on the first Sunday of the quarter (January, April, July, and October). Discussion meetings are held via Zoom on the third Monday evening of each month at 7 pm CT. We welcome both members and non-members.
- Chapter President: Marcia Stewart
- Vice President: Christie Johnson
- Secretary/Treasurer: Nancy Archdekin
- Chapter Representative: Martha Grenzeback
Our members have a wide range of expertise which encourages an exchange of ideas and professional growth.
Membership in the APG Great Plains Chapter is open to anyone who is a member of the Association of Professional Genealogists and willing to support the APG Code of Ethics.
- Annual dues are $10.00 to be mailed to the Treasurer
- For information about joining the Chapter please contact us at email@example.com
- Networking and educational programs each month
- Community outreach programs
- Booths at genealogical events
- Members-only Facebook page
- Access to group communication site
Research Assistance is Available
If you are looking for a genealogy professional, whether a researcher or a speaker, please contact our members directly.