- Business Name
- The Skeleton Whisperer
- Non-Research Specialties
- Lecturer/Presenter - On-site
- Lecturer/Presenter - Virtual
- Oral Historian/Interviewer
- Research Specialties
- Civil War
- Irish American
- Land Records
- Lineage Societies
- Research Counties
- Orange County, California, United States
- Riverside County, California, United States
- San Bernardino County, California, United States
- San Diego County, California, United States
- Research Provinces / States
- California, United States
- Iowa, United States
- Michigan, United States
- Minnesota, United States
- Missouri, United States
- Nebraska, United States
- North Dakota, United States
- South Dakota, United States
- Wyoming, United States
- Research Countries
- United States
- Research Time Periods
- 18th Century
- 19th Century
- 20th Century
My passion is telling the stories of the people in the family tree. Genealogists do this best by recording the stories of our elders, locating and preserving the photos and stories our ancestors left behind, and researching the records created by or about our people.
- Review previous research for accuracy and new lines of inquiry.
- Research family legends.
- Tailored coaching and genealogical education.
- Prepare lineage society applications, including researching challenging connections between generations and preparing analysis packets.
- On-site research for a number of California libraries and repositories.
- Oral History Interviews and transcription.
- Organization, scanning, and archiving of documents and photo collections.
- Obituary and other newspaper research.
- Lecturer/Presenter for online and in-person events.
- Bachelor of Science (Liberal Arts/ Library Science)
Associate of Science (Library Science)
- American English
- National Archives, Riverside office
Riverside County, Clerk/Recorder & Court
Riverside Public Library
San Bernardino County, Clerk/Recorder & Court
San Bernardino Library
San Diego County, Clerk/Recorder & Court
- "I have been searching for the answers to a few questions about my grandfather for years, and got tired of beating my head on a brick wall! Sara looked at what I already knew, what I wanted to know, and what records were available. She verified that a lot of what I need isn't online yet and gave me recommendations on who to contact next to further this project along!" - JM
- From a Box in the Closet to a Treasured Family Heirloom
Disaster Proofing Your Research
Grandma Said What? Gathering and Verifying Your Family’s Oral History
Locating Records in Archives from Your Couch
Who Needed it Anyway? Getting Around the Missing 1890 Census
Extra! Extra! Find Your Family in the Newspaper!
Hopping Down the Paper Trail
Missing: Reward! Locating Widows, Spinsters, and Bachelors
Two Steps Forward, One Step Back: Is this Genealogy or the Cha-Cha?
Shamrocks, Leprechauns, and Harps: Researching your Irish Roots
Irish Eyes Are Smiling: Finding Vital Records in the land of Saints and Scholars.
Suddenly Scotland! An Introduction to Scottish Research
To Spit or Not to Spit? Is DNA testing right for your research?
My DNA Brought me to the Forest, but Where are all the Trees?
Let's Meet DNA Painter!
Genealogy 101: Tree Climbing for the Beginner
What's in a Name?
Networking for Genealogists
Shaky Leaf Syndrome: Using Website Generated Hints More Effectively
- Certificate in Genealogical Research, Boston University
Library Technology Certificate, San Bernardino Valley College
- Genealogical Speakers Guild
Southern California Genealogical Society
National Genealogical Society
Southern California Chapter, Association of Professional Genealogists
Nebraska State Genealogical Society
Iowa Genealogical Society
Lineage Societies include:
National Society Daughters of the American Revolution
National Society United States Daughters War of 1812
Daughters of Union Veterans of the Civil War 1861-1865
Descendants of American Prisoners of War
- Blog link
- Business site: theskeletonwhisperer.com/