- Business Name
- Finding the Stories of Your Ancestors
- Non-Research Specialties
- Lecturer/Presenter - On-site
- Lecturer/Presenter - Virtual
- Research Specialties
- DNA Specialist
- Irish American
- Research Provinces / States
- Massachusetts, United States
- New York, United States
- Research Countries
- United States
- Research Time Periods
- 18th Century
- 19th Century
- 20th Century
My research specialties are Irish and Genetic Genealogy. I also have expertise in New England, New York (both city and state) and German research.
I have been conducting genealogical research since 2001 and work with private clients, as a Research Services genealogist at the New England Historic Genealogical Society (NEHGS), and as the US-based genealogist for the Green Room at https://youririshheritage.com/.
In my volunteer capacity I am co-president of The Irish Ancestral Research Association (TIARA).
Lecturing and Client Research
Ireland, New England, NY, New York City
Want to learn more?
- BA (International Relations)
Masters (Computer Science)
- Where Did They Come From? Irish Migration Routes
Researching in Irish Records
Identifying the Right Ancestor: Searching Irish Catholic Records
Mapping Irish Locations Online
See my website for descriptions and other available lectures.
- First Place, Massachusetts Society of Genealogists Writing Contest, 2012; for article It Started with a Cough: A Month of Mourning for the Ritter and Blackett Families Living in Boston Highlands, Massachusetts, published in MASSOG 36 (Fall 2012): 83-92.
Second Place, Ohio Genealogical Society Writing Contest, 2014; for article "A Broken Man: The Life of Birney Jay Pratt of Huron, Ohio, " published in Ohio Genealogical Society Quarterly 55, no. 1 (Spring 2015): 40-43.
See my website for links to these articles.
- Irish Genealogy Summer School, University College Cork, Ireland, 2016
Certificate in Genealogical Research, Boston University, 2012
- Blog link
- Website: genealogybypamholland.com