Nancy Gavin Koester
- Business Name
- Research Counties
- Erie County, New York, United States
- Research Provinces / States
- New York, United States
- Research Countries
I have been involved in Genealogy since the age of 13. I have a BA in Art Education and Art History from Buffalo State. I am Vice-President of the Western NY Genealogical Society, and DNA chairman for the Buffalo Irish Genealogical Society.
My background is deeply rooted in the Irish First Ward of Buffalo, but also well back into colonial times, with multiple Mayflower and Rhode Island grandparents. My family has been in the Western NY area since the 1840's.
My main areas of research are based in DNA. I have recently completed a case study about my 2nd great grandmother, who was an orphan train rider. Using DNA, I was able to find her lost siblings.
I charge an hourly rate for research into family trees, including original records and cemetery photos. I have experience in estate cases, unknown parentage, and DNA research.
- I have a certificate in Genealogical Research from Boston University, and have completed 3 sessions at the Genealogical research Institute of Pittsburgh: Advanced DNA with CeCe Moore, and Irish Research I and II
- I have access to all of the repositories in WNY
- I have given lectures at the Buffalo Irish Genealogical Society, the Polish Genealogical Society, and the Niagara County Genealogical Society, as well as the Buffalo and Erie County Library Webinar series.
- Certificate in Genealogical Research (Boston University)
- I am Vice-President of the Western NY Genealogical Society, and the DNA chairman for the Buffalo Irish Genealogical Society. I am a registered Genealogist with the Buffalo and Erie County Library, and the Buffalo Historical Society.
- Website: www.facebook.com/ngktrees-153983...
|Street Address:||3740 School St|