- Not Taking Clients
- Check this if you are currently not taking new clients.
- Business Name
- Footprints Genealogy
- Non-Research Specialties
- Lecturer/Presenter - Virtual
- Research Specialties
- Lineage Societies
- Research Provinces / States
- Colorado, United States
- Missouri, United States
- New York, United States
- Virginia, United States
- Research Countries
- United States
- Research Time Periods
- 18th Century
- 19th Century
- 20th Century
Kathy Emmel has been interested in her family history since she learned that early relatives settled in Jamestown, Virginia in the 1600s. Her Virginia grandmother was a genealogist and a wonderful storyteller.
Kathy has been studying genealogy and making quilts for over 40 years and hopes these passions are passed along to her grandchildren. She loves to share how she has been able to create quilts that tell family stories as well as present historical facts about the time in which family members lived.
The most exciting part of being a genealogist is uncovering wonderful, previously unknown family information for herself and for others.
- BA: Art - Graphic Design
MA - Curriculum and Instruction: Integrating the Arts
K-6 Classroom Teaching License
K-12 Art Teaching License
- Colorado State Archives
Denver Public Library
- • Quilting Your Family History
• Learning About Family History: Where Do I Start
• Making Group Quilts with Children
- "Mattie’s Memoirs: Life on the Farm in Chester, Virginia in the late 19th and early 20th Centuries: The Life of Mattie Gregory O’Brien:" Compiled and Edited by Kathleen Gregory Emmel, June 1997; updated 2019.
“Uncovering the Rosenfeld Mystery,” Colorado Genealogical Society Quarterly, August 2017.
• “Discovering the Treasures of the Arvada Historical Society,” The Arvada Historian, Vol. 45, No. 1, February 2018, and Foothills Genealogical Society Newsletter, March-April 2019, No. 175.
• “The Diary of Laura Ellen Swadley Minges, Part I: Diary Written in 1886,” The Arvada Historian, Vol. 45, May, No. 2, 2018, and Foothills Genealogical Society Newsletter, May 2019, No. 176.
• “The Diary of Laura Ellen Swadley Minges, Part II: Diary Written in 1886,” The Arvada Historian, Vol. 45, No. 3, August 2018.
• "Kids Quilt Together, The ABCs of Group Quilts," C&T Publishing 2005.
- • Boston University Certificate in Genealogical Research (2017)
• ProGen 42 (2019-2020)
• Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy (SLIG) (seven courses)
• Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy Virtual Foundations Course
- • Association of Professional Genealogists (APG)
• National Genealogical Society
• Colorado Genealogical Society
• Foothills Genealogical Society (Colorado)
• Boulder Genealogy Society
• St. Louis Genealogical Society
• Utah Genealogical Association
• Daughters of the American Revolution
• National Society Daughters of the Union
• United States Daughters of 1812