Diane M. Boumenot
- Not Taking Clients
- Check this if you are currently not taking new clients.
- Business Name
- One Rhode Island Family
- Non-Research Specialties
- Lecturer/Presenter - On-site
- Lecturer/Presenter - Virtual
- Project Manager
- Research Specialties
- Court Records
- Historical Sites
- Land Records
- Research Counties
- Bristol County, Rhode Island, United States
- Kent County, Rhode Island, United States
- Newport County, Rhode Island, United States
- Providence County, Rhode Island, United States
- Washington County, Rhode Island, United States
- Research Provinces / States
- Massachusetts, United States
- Rhode Island, United States
- Research Countries
- United States
- Research Time Periods
- 17th Century
- 18th Century
- 19th Century
I am accepting speaking engagements. I will not be able to accept clients, editing work, and also small projects to assist other genealogists until 2023 since I am currently booked up.
Specializing in southern New England, I am accepting clients for Rhode Island research as well as surrounding areas in Connecticut and Massachusetts.
I speak around New England and also offer one-on-one online coaching sessions.
I love getting out to repositories particularly when they fully open again.
If you are a professional genealogist needing local help, email me, email@example.com
I specialize in writing, editing, self-publishing, and also I'm able to transcribe materials.
Contact me about your research needs!
* Check out my new book: Rhode Island State Census for Genealogists by Diane Boumenot, self-published, 2021, available on Amazon.
* I am an experienced speaker, including speaking at the New England Regional Genealogical Conference, the Association of Professional Genealogists webinar series, Legacy Family Tree Webinars, and around New England, and, remotely, in various parts of the U.S.
Please message me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in arranging a talk. The topics for Sept 2021- August 2022 are:
- The Real Life of New England Vital Records
- Tips for Navigating Rhode Island Records
Additional new topics beginning September, 2022:
- Rhode Island State Census for Genealogists
- Changing New England Records in the 1800's
For additional information about the talks, see https://onerhodeislandfamily.com/presentations/
Email me at email@example.com .
- * President, New England Chapter of the Association of Professional Genealogists (NEAPG).
- * Vice President, Rhode Island Genealogical Society
- * Co-authored with Maureen Taylor, in 2018, a volume in the National Genealogical Society's Research in the States series, Rhode Island.
- * Mentor in the "GenProof" Study Groups, Feb-March, 2021.
- * Completed ProGen 28 and served as Coodinator, Progen 40.
- * Serving on the Membership Committee of the National Genealogical Society
- * Professionally, I have decades of experience in association management including work with data, programs, membership and communications.
- * Conducted research in many repositories around the U.S. including the Family History Library, NEHGS in Boston, Connecticut State Library, Newberry Library, Boston Public Library, and the Allen County Public Library.
Rhode Island, New England
- B.A., Wesleyan University (History & English)
- Rhode Island Historical Society
Rhode Island Judicial Records Center
Rhode Island State Archives
Available for ANY Rhode Island location
- The Real Life of New England Vital Records
Tips for Navigating Rhode Island Records
Changing New England Records in the 1800's
Rhode Island State Census for Genealogists
Research in Rhode Island, a volume in the National Genealogical Society’s Research in the States states series, was published in 2018 by Maureen Taylor and me. It is available for sale at the NGS bookstore.
Rhode Island State Census for Genealogists by Diane Boumenot, self-published, 2021, available on Amazon.
Scott Andrew Bartley and Diane M Boumenot, “Sorting out the Several Daniel Lanphere Men,” The New England Historical and Genealogical Register 175 (Spring 2021): 139-147.
Diane M Boumenot, “A Tale of Two Adoptees,” Rhode Island Roots 47:2 (June 2021): 59-77.
- ProGen 28, ProGen 40 (Coordinator)
- Member, Rhode Island Genealogical Society
Massachusetts Society of Genealogists
National Genealogical Society
New England Historic and Genealogical Society
Association of Professional Genealogists, (+ New England Chapter).
Currently serving on Membership Committee, NGS.
- Business site: onerhodeislandfamily.com