- Business Name
- Genealogy and Online Research
- Non-Research Specialties
- Lecturer/Presenter - On-site
- Lecturer/Presenter - Virtual
- Research Specialties
- Anglican/Church of England/Episcopalian
- Court Records
- DNA Specialist
- Land Records
- Research Time Periods
- 18th Century
- 19th Century
- 20th Century
Claudia has been doing genealogical research since 1974, tracing her family back to the early 19th century in Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania and New York. She obtained her Master's Degree in Library Science from Florida State University, and worked as a public services librarian for eight years. She is a member of the National Genealogical Society, the Tacoma-Pierce County Genealogical Society, and the Western Michigan Genealogical Society, and is the Secretary of the Puget Sound Chapter of APG. She is the author of five books and lectures throughout Western Washington.
DNA research and analysis; working with adoptees to find unknown parents solving brick walls using DNA. Research in local and state repositories in King, Pierce and Kitsap counties; research in the Washington State Archives and its branches, the Washington State Library, and the Tacoma Public Library. Available to lecture on several genealogical topics.
MA, MI, MN, NC, OH, WA, WI, New England, Midwest, Northwest, Seattle
- Master (Library Science)
- Kitsap County Courthouse,Pierce County Courthouse,Tacoma Public Library; Seattle Public Library; Washington State Archives,Washington State Library
- Beyond Ancestry.com: Searching for your ancestors online; Beyond the Internet: Finding family history records that are not online; Discover Your Family History: an introduction to genealogy; Finding and Using Historic Newspapers; DNA and Genealogy; Case Studies DNA.
- "Alias Smith and Crawford: Kubiaks of Manistee and Saginaw, Michigan", National Genealogical Society Quarterly, September 2017; Searching for Your Ancestors in Historic Newspapers (Amazon, 2014); Genealogy Offline: A beginner's guide to family history records that are not online (Amazon, 2013); Review of GenealogyBank, APG Quarterly, 2010 Weekly Genealogy column for The Voice of the Valley, Feb 2011 to May 2011; several expert articles for Archives.com.