Writer of creative nonfiction ancestral biography and family history stories; Vermont genealogist; Owner of Family Pictures Genealogy
- Business Name
- Family Pictures Genealogy
- Non-Research Specialties
- Lecturer/Presenter - On-site
- Research Provinces / States
- Vermont, United States
- Research Time Periods
- 19th Century
- 20th Century
Vermont, United States
Ann enjoys writing up your completed research into a readable story that you can share with your family.
Ann's book Duty, Family, Perseverance: The Story of William Watson tells the story of a English immigrant woolen mill worker who battled chronic illness, family crisis, and financial hardship to care for his family. Ann also enjoys creating handmade books.
Family history narrative and biographical writing. Vermont genealogical research. Records-only research for other genealogists; Vermont portion of your project. Lectures on beginning genealogy.
- M.Ed. University of Vermont (School Library Media); B.A. University of Vermont (History)
- Sheldon Museum, Middlebury, VT
UVM Special Collections
Vermont Historical Society Leahy Library
Vermont State Archives and Records Administration, Middlesex
Vermont Town Clerks
- "Ive been reading DUTY, FAMILY, PERSEVERANCE: THE STORY OF WILLIAM WATSON. It is so well written and illustrated ... so powerful. What a great story you have told." Chris A., Massachusetts.
"I just finished reading your book and it was so well done! I love the way you really told a story rather than just reporting dry facts. You did this through the use of quotes, descriptive details, and conjecture about feelings and motivation." Louise W., Vermont
"Your report is pretty impressive both from the point of view of your research and presentation, as well as his life... It really brought this era to life. I like the photographs and the pedigree chart." Clyde W., New Hampshire
"Your bibliography was amazing ... Thank you for a professional job done in a timely manner." Nancy S., Maine
"Thanks Ann for your thorough and professional report." Ted S., Missouri
"The scholarship and attention to detail [in the report] is of the first order." History professor, Massachusetts
"I am most definitely pleased ... The process of working with you throughout has been a valuable learning experience for me." Julie P., New Jersey
- "Jump Start Your Genealogy Research: Tips From the Professionals." For beginners.
"William Watson: Story of an Immigrant Mill Worker." Slide show story.
- Duty, Family, Perseverance: The Story of William Watson. An English immigrant works in a New England woolen mill, enlists in the Civil War, and battles chronic illness, family crisis, and financial hardship to take care of his family. Available at Lulu.com .
- Certificate in Genealogical Research (Boston University)
- National Genealogical Society. Vermont French-Canadian Genealogical Society. New England Historic Genealogical Society. ProGen Study group finished fall 2017.
- Blog link
- Business site: www.familypicturesgenealogy.com