[APG Public List] Labelling photos

Bonnie Kohler kohlerbj at bellsouth.net
Tue Mar 1 10:22:49 MST 2011

I apologize for dragging out this topic.

I just checked the Hollinger Metal Edge archival storage materials catalog for photo marking pens and pencils. I saw that their photo marking pen (permanent ink, fine-line marker) is meant for labeling polyester or polypropylene photographic *sleeves or envelopes*.

They offer a blue art pencil that they describe as a preservation quality pencil for marking resin coated photographs (recommended for the reverse side of photographs). Looking at the picture, the pencil looks like a regular Prismacolor-type colored pencil, which many of us probably already own. In my mind, the art pencils would be similar to a fine-point-type china marker. It appears there is no mystery to a photo-marking pencil: it's just a regular, colored art pencil.

Previous posts have mentioned other archival storage product providers that offer similar products.

Bonnie Dunphy Kohler
APG Florida Chapter
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <../attachments/20110301/8cb871b9/attachment.htm>

More information about the APGPublicList mailing list