[APG Public List] Labelling photos

Debbie Parker Wayne debbie at debbiewayne.com
Mon Feb 28 10:24:27 MST 2011

Amy Crow wrote on 2/28/2011 8:16 AM:
> Adding metadata via text on the image canvas might make it easier for the viewer, but it does absolutely nothing for anyone who is trying to manage the image. ...

Oops. My message was meant to be a reply to the "Citations on digital
images" thread on the TGF list, not this thread on labeling printed
photos. I'm sorry for the confusion. I didn't pay enough attention to
the fact that two similar threads were taking place on two different lists.

Amy, I agree the metadata is useful for electronic organization of
images. Text added to the image wouldn't be helpful except when viewing
the image.

Regards, Debbie

Debbie Parker Wayne, CG^(sm)
-- Wayne Research <http://debbiewayne.com/>

CG, Certified Genealogist is a service mark of the Board for
Certification of Genealogists^(®) , used under license by board
certificants after periodic evaluation. The board name is registered in
the US Patent & Trademark Office.