[APG Public List] Preferred time of year for Catholic marriages

amy at amyjohnsoncrow.com amy at amyjohnsoncrow.com
Thu Oct 7 10:10:49 MDT 2010

I vaguely remembered this from my RCIA days. Here is a reference to it
from the online version of the Catholic Encyclopedia:

"Marriages in the Greek Church take place after the celebration of the
Liturgy, and, as in the West, the season of Lent is a forbidden time."

So it would appear that marriages are not to be performed in either the
Greek or the Roman churches during Lent.

Amy Johnson Crow, CG,
Reynoldsburg, Ohio