[APG Public List] Need help recalling term

Catherine Desmarais stonehouseresearch at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 11:49:19 MDT 2009

I am drawing a blank on a word, and can't come up with enough of a
definition for Google to help me. I am hoping someone on this list can fill
in this "senior moment" for me. What is the term that refers to a qualifier
being placed after a man's name to distinguish him from another man of the
same name in a tax list (or other similar list)? For example John Smith
(James) and John Smith (George), where the names in parentheses are their
father's names. Another example would be John Smith (miller) and John Smith
(farmer). I used to know the word for this!
Thank you in advance to anyone who can help unfreeze my brain!

Cathi Desmarais
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: ../attachments/20090903/34758dfa/attachment.html

More information about the APGPublicList mailing list