- An online publication,
available worldwide to members, libraries, societies,
and consumers, with:
- Members' contact information, biographies, services,
research and geographic specialties
- Various search criteria to assist readers in finding
Current issue Table of Contents
- All APG members receive the Association of Professional Genealogists Quarterly (APGQ) as a benefit of their membership.
Libraries, organizations, and other non-members may subscribe to the APGQ.
- The APGQ contains articles relevant to professionals within the genealogy community. Sample topics include communicating
with clients, writing reports, billing, speaking engagements, research, using DNA in your business, record-keeping, business-related
software, social media, and many more.
- If you are interested in writing for the APGQ, please review the Writer’s Guidelines and Sample Articles.
- If you would like to place an advertisement in the APGQ, please see our Advertising Rate Sheet.
- APGQ - Sample Articles
- APGQ Writer's Guidelines
- APGQ Advertising Rates
- APGQ Article
Index 1979-2015 (September)
"Why Hire a Professional Genealogist?"
"Becoming a Professional Genealogist"
"Guidelines for the Use of Credentials & Postnominals in Professional Genealogy"
The text can be printed from these web pages. Brochures are also available by contacting email@example.com.
As a result of a generous offer from FamilySearch, APG is making available three presentations from the 2009 APG Professional Management Conference, which took place on September 2 at the FGS Conference in Little Rock, Arkansas.
In the past, APG sponsored a public mailing list dedicated to discussing topics of interest to genealogical professionals, individuals considering the profession
of genealogy, family historians, and others seeking professional networking and advice. Although this list is no longer active, the archives remain available for public reading.
Archives for the APG Mail List discussions hosted on RootsWeb (August 1998 to 26 Aug 2009) can be searched at
Browse the online archives by conversation thread, subject, author, or date for mailing list postings dated
August 2009 to July 2011.
APG members may subscribe to the APG Members-Only List. This unmoderated mailing list is used to discuss topics of interest to the members of the Association of Professional Genealogists. Subject matter includes but is not limited to genealogical and historical sources, research methodology, business principles and practices, APG
business, and much more.
Home | Directory | About Us | Activities | Chapters| Membership | Publications
Copyright © Association of Professional Genealogists, 1996-2016
Terms of Service