- Business Name
- Tangled Web Genealogy
- Non-Research Specialties
- Project Manager
- Research Specialties
- Civil War
- Court Records
- DNA Specialist
- Emigration & Immigration
- Federal Records
- Lineage Societies
- Research Counties
- Arapahoe County, Colorado, United States
- Boulder County, Colorado, United States
- Denver County, Colorado, United States
- Jefferson County, Colorado, United States
- Larimer County, Colorado, United States
- Weld County, Colorado, United States
- Research Provinces / States
- Arizona, United States
- California, United States
- Colorado, United States
- Iowa, United States
- Missouri, United States
- Nebraska, United States
- Texas, United States
- Research Countries
- United States
- Research Time Periods
- 18th Century
- 19th Century
- 20th Century
Using both traditional genealogy research and DNA testing, I can expand your family tree and reveal the story of your ancestors.
- Provide assistance with DNA results
- Solving cases of unknown parentage
- Connecting you with your DNA relatives
- Locating your ancestors in public records
I have conducted US genealogical research in all 50 states, Puerto Rico, and Washington DC, using online digitized records. Research at various brick-and-mortar archives/repositories has been done in nearly half of the states in the US. Internationally I have worked in collaboration with in-country researchers or utilized online records found in England, Ireland, Germany, Russia, Canada, and Mexico. Areas of expertise include Genetic Genealogy, DNA, Adoption, Germans from Russia, Lineage Society Membership, and Civil War research. Contact tangledwebgenealogy.com for a free consultation.
If the records we seek are not online, I am able to do on the ground archive research at various repositories, libraries, court houses, cemeteries, historical societies, and such in and around the Boulder & Denver Metro areas of Colorado.
CO, MO, AZ, CA, IA, KS, NE, OR, PA, TX, Midwest, Rocky Mountains, Southwest, Denver
Presently serving as the secretary for the Colorado Chapter- Association of Professional Genealogists (CAPG).
For more information please visit tangledwebgenealogy.com
- B.A. University of Colorado, Boulder (Psychology)
- American English, Basic Spanish (Reading)
- Boulder Carnegie Library,Boulder Family History Library,Bureau of Land Management,Colorado State Archives,Denver Public Library,NARA Denver,University of Colorado @ Boulder Norlan Library
- I had a thorny DNA issue to be resolved and reached out to Tangled Web Genealogy. Sherri responded promptly, laid out her process and pricing, and I liked her on the spot. She solved the issue within a day or two and her subsequent research has been so thorough and concise. Her sensitive insights and suggestions for follow-through are spot on. I really appreciate her professionalism and cannot recommend Tangled Web more highly! -M.R. (Colorado)
- Genealogical Research Institute of Pittsburgh (GRIP) -Mastering the Art of Documentation, 2021. GRIP - Documentation for Lineage Societies, 2020. The National Institute for Genealogical Studies (NIGS), Sept 2020. GRIP -Practical Genetic Genealogy, 2020.
- National Genealogical Society, Colorado Genealogical Society, Boulder Genealogy Society, New England Historic Genealogical Society (NEHGS), Association of Professional Genealogists (APG), Colorado Chapter - Association of Professional Genealogists (CAPG), Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR), American Historical Society of Germans from Russia (AHSGR), Ray County Historical Society of Richmond Missouri, Daviess County Genealogy Society of Missouri.
- Business site: tangledwebgenealogy.com