- Business Name
- Spoorzoeker - Peter Eyckerman
- Non-Research Specialties
- Lecturer/Presenter - On-site
- Lecturer/Presenter - Virtual
- Software Developer
- Research Specialties
- Research Countries
- Research Time Periods
- 16th Century
- 17th Century
- 18th Century
- 19th Century
- 20th Century
Peter Eyckerman (°1968) started with genealogy at the end of the 1990's, when he was still a software engineer. Gradually gaining more and more experience over the years he became a genealogy blogger in 2008 and a professional genealogist in 2011. In 2014 he wrote a 16 chapter course on genealogy in Belgium and the Netherlands for distance learning institution NHA.
In 2022 he finished the microcredential Genealogy & Genetic Heritage at the University of Antwerp.
He loves researching and is good in solving problems with logical analytical thinking, an ideal profile for a genealogist.
Peter can do efficient research in Belgium, extending to the neighbouring countries (Netherlands, France, Germany) if the research leads that way.
- Professional training in determining historic photographic processes (University of Leiden, Netherlands).
Post Academic (Designing man-machine interfaces, University of Leuven, Belgium).
BA (Library and Information Sciences, CVO De Nobel, Leuven, Belgium).
Master (Bioengineering, University of Leuven, Belgium)
- Dutch, French, English
- Dating and identifying old family photographs.
- Peter wrote a genealogy course for NHA, a distance learning company in Belgium and the Netherlands.
He writes a column on dating and researching old photographs in "Vlaamse Stam", the magazine of the Flemish genealogical association (Familiekunde Vlaanderen).
He also writes a column in GEN, the magazine of the CBG (Dutch centre for family history), on the same subject.
He writes articles on his website https://spoorzoeker.petereyckerman.be/recentste-artikels/
He conducted research for an episode of Who Do You Think You Are (UK).
He conducted research for a book on painter Bartholomeus Spranger (by The MET, New York).
- Peter is a board member of the Flemish genealogical association, Familiekunde Vlaanderen, and an active volunteer for this organisation.
He is a board member and the webmaster of the Antwerp branch of Familiekunde Vlaanderen.
- Business site: spoorzoeker.petereyckerman.be