- Business Name
- Five Tribes Research
- Non-Research Specialties
- Research Specialties
- American Indian
- Court Records
- Federal Records
- Government Publications
- Library of Congress
- Lineage Societies
- Research Time Periods
- 19th Century
- 20th Century
- 21st Century
Registered member of the Cherokee Nation, born and raised on father's Cherokee allotment, Dewey, Oklahoma; 2003 recipient of the Cherokee Gadugi Award for Leadership. Cherokee Nation Registration Committee member, 2009 - 2012. Thirty plus years experience researching five tribes rolls, census, claims/payment, missionary and military records. Alumnus of intermediate genealogy seminar, Brigham Young University; National Institute of Genealogical Research, National Archives; and Institute of Genealogy and Historical Research, Samford University. Bachelor and Master of Education degrees; experienced speaker and published writer. Researcher of the five tribes removed from the southeastern U.S. to Oklahoma, I specialize in Indian records located in AR, GA, TN, MS, AL, FL, NC, and OK.
AL, AR, GA, MS, MO, OK, TN, TX, South, Southwest, Atlanta, Nashville
- MA (Education), BS (Elementary Education)
- Cherokee Heritage Center, Tahlequah, OK, Southwest Branch of NARA, Ft. Worth, TX
- Clayton Genealogical Library, Houston, TX,LDS Family History Center records and microforms,NARA Washington, DC,National Archives - Southeast Region; Georgia Archives,Oklahoma History Center, Oklahoma City, OK,TN Archives, Nashville, TN
- FINDING THE FIVE TRIBES-How to do the research. TIANA'S JOURNEY:IN WAKE OF REMOVAL-Trail of Tears story of survival and resilience. 1836-1839. BELOVED REBEL-Civil War Era Story of a Cherokee Mother's fortitude. 1860's and beyond. war Cherokee mother's endurance
- Articles published: Chronicles of OK; Cherokee Quarterly; Goingsnake Messenger; Cherokee Heritage Center Columns; Houston Genealogical Forum Record; The Scottish Genealogy Magazine; Case Sudy, Emily Croom's THE GENEALOGIST'S COMPANION AND SOURCEBOOK, 2nd Edition, Betterway Books, Cincinnati, OH. . Published Books: 1835 CHEROKEE VALUATIONS, self-published, Houston, TX. ; GUIDE TO THE CHEROKEE NATIONAL MUSEUM NEWSPAPER COLLECTION, Cherokee Heritage Press, Tahlequah, Ok. . 1835 Cherokee Valuations, Heritge Book, Inc. Westminister, MD.
- Cherokee Nation Citizen Cherokee AT Large Voters League of TX, Secretary. Cherokee National Historical Society, Past Trustee. National Association of the Trail of Tears, OK Chapter Friends of Clayton Genealogical Library, Houston, TX Houston Genealogical Forum, President. Daughters of 1812; of the Republic of TX; 1st Families of TN, TX, and Twin Territories (OK); based on Cherokee lineage.
- Website: n/a