Margaret R. Fortier
Research | Relate | Reveal Professional genealogical researcher, lecturer, and writer.
- Business Name
- Margaret R. Fortier, CG
- Non-Research Specialties
- Lecturer/Presenter - On-site
- Lecturer/Presenter - Virtual
- Research Specialties
- Emigration & Immigration
- French Canadian
- Italian American
- Research Time Periods
- 19th Century
- 20th Century
- 21st Century
Massachusetts, United States
A professional genealogist with 20 years' experience, I help people recognize and explore our universal need to be connected. Researching your family, relating their stories, and revealing their legacy is my passion and my privilege.
- BS (Business Administration), MS (Human Factors in Information Design)
- New England repositories
- You surely enriched the lives of my sister and her family. What a legacy you have given them! No words are adequate to express my gratitude for your research. Mona L.
The research is thorough; the layout, professional; and the illustrations are elegant. I'm learning things I never knew about my grandfather. Such a high quality report. Karen P.
- A Whole New World of Catholic Records
Andiamo! Finding Your Italian Family
Tracing Your Immigrant Ancestors
Using Evernote for Genealogy
Visualizing Information for Genealogists
- "Not Bound By Convention: The True Identity of William Kenney of Boston, Lynn and Nahant, Massachusetts" MASSOG November 2015. "Pennsylvania Mothers' Pension Accounts Finding Aid May Help Your Research" Penn in Hand March 2015.
"Visualizing Information for Client Reports" APG Quarterly July 2014.
"Even More Evernote Tips" NGS Magazine March 2014.
- Certificate in Genealogical Research (Boston University)
- National Genealogical Society
New England Historic Genealogical Society Massachusetts Society of Genealogists
New York Genealogical & Biographical Society
American-Canadian Genealogical Society
American-French Genealogical Society
Italian Genealogical Society
Unclaimed Persons Forum
- Business site: www.mrfortier.com