- Business Name
- Genealogy At Heart
- Non-Research Specialties
- Lecturer/Presenter - On-site
- Lecturer/Presenter - Virtual
- Oral Historian/Interviewer
- Research Specialties
- Heir Searcher
- Lineage Societies
- Research Counties
- Allen County, Ohio, United States
- De Kalb County, Indiana, United States
- Defiance County, Ohio, United States
- Lagrange County, Indiana, United States
- Noble County, Indiana, United States
- Paulding County, Ohio, United States
- Steuben County, Indiana, United States
- Whitley County, Indiana, United States
- Research Provinces / States
- Florida, United States
- Illinois, United States
- Indiana, United States
- New Jersey, United States
- New York, United States
- Ohio, United States
- Pennsylvania, United States
- Research Countries
- United States
- Research Time Periods
- 19th Century
- 20th Century
Lori Samuelson is a passionate family historian and lifelong educator who has conducted personal genealogical research for more than 30 years on her complicated family tree with branches from Great Britain, France, Germany, Sweden, Croatia, and Barbados. Since 2000, she has assisted candidates in proving lineal descent for membership with the:
- Daughters of the American Revolution
- Society for Descendants of Lady Godiva
- Hereditary Order of the Red Dragon
- Order of the First World War
- Society of Indiana Pioneers
- Daughters of the Union Veterans of the Civil War
- Hereditary Society of Teachers
- Coaching - Stuck in your research? Lori will help you get over that brick wall!
- Education - Finding Your Family is an individualized 3-hour course for those interested in beginning genealogy.
- Family History Research - Specializing in personal genealogy research, creating family trees/charts, DNA consulting, transcriptions, and assisting with lineage society applications. Visit GenealogyAtHeart.com for further information - mention APG and receive a 5% discount!
- Heir Searcher - assist administrators/executors with kinship determination.
- Lectures (45 min.-1 hour followed by Q&A) for 2023:
- Look Up Service is available for northeastern Indiana and northwest Ohio counties and at the Allen County Public Library, the second largest genealogy library in the U.S.
Currently, Lori is authoring her second eBook, Thanks to the Yanks, Letters from an American Private Serving in World War I. Her weekly blog, found at GenealogyAtHeart.com, provides research tips and heartwarming genealogical findings for the beginner to the professional level genealogist. References are available upon request.
- MEd in Educational Leadership, University of South Florida, MA in School Counselor, University of South Florida, and BA in Psychology, with a Minor in Social Science and Education, University of South Florida
- Allen County, Indiana Public Genealogical Library
- Have presented to local societies and organizations throughout Florida via in-person, hybrid, and Zoom/Go To Meeting/TEAMS/PlaybackNow.
The Bucks Stop Here: Options for Getting Paid, APG Professional Management Conference, 23 September 2022.
- 1862 Letter (Ship Island to New York) Describing Parts
of Florida, Florida Genealogist, Vol. XXXIX, No. 1
(143) June 2016, pp. 5-25.
A Unique Tarpon Springs [Florida] Family Heirloom,
Florida Genealogist, Vol. XLIV, No. 2 (154), December
2021, pp. 25-37.
Armistice Day, 1918: An Indiana Boy's Recollection, to
be published in the Indiana Genealogist, Spring
Building Credibility as a Business Strategy, GenBiz Solution Guide, 2016.
Collaboration: Benefits to the Solo Practitioner, GenBiz Solutions, 16 May 2016.
Communicating for Results, AncestorCloud, 22
Dealing with Genealogical Disappointment,
AncestorCloud, 6 September 2017.
Developing a Positive Seeker Helper Relationship,
Four Big Genealogy Mistakes That May Be Hurting
Your Research (and How to Avoid Them), Family
History Daily, November 2017.
How Our Ancestors' Love Affair with Liquor Can
Provide Fascinating Clues to the Past, Family History
Daily, December 2017.
Investigating Your Family Legends, AncestorCloud, 19
Lep's Journey: Exploring Events & People Named in
an 1862 Letter, Florida Genealogist, Vol. XXXIX, No.
2, (144), December 2016, pp. 5-11.
Motivating Others for Genealogical Results,
AncestorCloud, 26 February 2018.
Perseverance Amidst Adversity: The Ancestry of
Three George Harbaughs (2017), eBook.
Scaffolding Your Research, AncestorCloud, 31 August
Tampa Bay Hurricanes & the Garrison Family of Hog
Island, Florida Genealogist, Vol. XLV, No. 1, (155),
June 2022, pp. 7-12.
The Truth About Deserters Hill, to be published in the
Florida Genealogist, Winter, 2023.
Using Backward Design in Genealogical Research,
AncestorCloud, 11 October 2017.
Using S.M.A.R.T.'s to Crystalize Your Genealogy Goals,
AncestorCloud, 1 January 2017.
NOTE: AncestorCloud is now Trace Genealogy
- National Board Certified Teacher/Counselor Emeritus
- Association of Professional Genealogists
Descendants of Lady Godiva
Daughters of Union Veterans of the Civil War
De Kalb County [Indiana] Genealogical Society
Hereditary Order of the Red Dragon
Indiana Genealogical Society
National Genealogical Society
New York Genealogical & Biographical Society
New England Historic Genealogical Society
- Business site: www.genealogyatheart.com