- Not Taking Clients
- Check this if you are currently not taking new clients.
- Business Name
- Books and Branches Genealogy
- Non-Research Specialties
- Lecturer/Presenter - On-site
- Lecturer/Presenter - Virtual
- Research Specialties
- Cartography (maps)
- House Historian
- Land Platting
- Land Records
- Lineage Societies
- Photograph Analysis
- Research Counties
- Clinton County, Indiana, United States
- Hendricks County, Indiana, United States
- Jackson County, Ohio, United States
- Knox County, Indiana, United States
- Marion County, Indiana, United States
- Randolph County, Indiana, United States
- Research Provinces / States
- Indiana, United States
- Ohio, United States
- Research Countries
- United States
- Research Time Periods
- 18th Century
- 19th Century
- 20th Century
Please note: I am fortunate to work with the most wonderful clients! If I have indicated that I am not currently accepting clients, my client load is only temporarily full. However, please reach out and discuss your project with me, as I may be wrapping up a project or able to work a project into my current queue depending on the situation.
I am an Author, Digital Archivist, Professional Genealogist, Professionally Licensed Educator, and Certified Librarian Assistant. I am a member of the Board of Directors, Hendricks County Museum, where I am also the Digital Collections Manager. I currently serve as an Intern Supervisor for the Indiana University Certification in Archival Management program.
- *I earned a Bachelors in Education from Milligan College.
- *Masters in Education from Indiana Wesleyan University.
- *Following my passion for genealogy and archives, I obtained additional certification in Genealogical Research from Boston University.
I am an instructor/contributor for the Indiana Memory Project, at Hendricks County, an initiative of digital preservation via the Indiana State Library and State of Indiana. I research, digitize, and archive historic photographs and documents for the county museum, and research historical questions for patrons.
I have written for magazines, genealogical research, journals, and I have a book published regarding the history of the town of Brownsburg in images, "Images of America: Brownsburg," Arcadia Publishing.
I volunteer with the Indiana Pioneer Cemetery Restoration Project and have been trained in Advanced Cemetery Preservation by the Indiana Historical Society. I enjoy researching cemetery records and locations. Although I am a full range records researcher, I particularly enjoy land records, photograph identification and digitization, and family records research.
Recent successful client research and submissions:
- General Society of Mayflower Descendants 2021
- Jamestowne Society 2022
- Kinship Determination
- Kinship Identification Correcting Family Lore
- Cemetery and Memorial Identification/Location
- Civil War and World War II Research Projects
For more information about my past and current projects, experience, or records research please visit my website at: www.lindalichtecook.com.
Midwest, IN, Hendricks County, DE, OH, NJ
- Master of Education (M.S.Ed.),
Bachelor of Education (B.S. Ed.)
Certification in Genealogical Research
- English, Spanish
- Central Indiana County Court Houses
Hendricks County Archives
Indiana Historical Society
Indiana State Archives
Indiana State Library
McGrady Brockman Genealogy Library
Central and Southern Indiana Libraries
- Images of America: Brownsburg
- Professional Educator License (Indiana)
Genealogical Research (Boston University)
Librarian Assistant (State of Indiana)
- Society of Indiana Archivists,
National Genealogical Society,
Association of Professional Genealogists,
Indiana State Department of Education,
National Society Daughters of the American Revolution,
Indiana Genealogical Society,
Hendricks County Museum
- Blog link
- Business site: www.lindalichtecook.com