Walker Genealogical Research
- Business Name
- Walker Genealogical Research
- Research Provinces / States
- Montana, United States
- Research Countries
- United States
Helena, Montana, United States
Montana-based genealogist, available for look-ups, assisting on projects, and genealogical research. Personal research has taken me through Montana, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, and DNA - unknown parentage cases.
- B.A., Journalism, The University of Montana
- Montana Historical Society Library and Archives; Montana Courthouses; Montana State Genealogical Library; Butte-Silver Bow Public Archives; University of Montana; Montana State University.
- "I’m so thankful for Julie and her genealogy expertise. Taking just a scant amount of information, she was able to unravel a 62-year-old adoption mystery in hours, using a vast array of resources to piece together the results, in a way that made it understandable. Julie’s ability to delve in and deliver shocking information, buffered by her innate ability to gently guide you through, made the process of personal discovery feel like a friend that has your best interest at heart. Her knowledge and experience led the way, she made the journey so enjoyable."
Diane Symm, Texas
- Walker, Julie. “Who was the mother of Hannah Roe? A Case Study in Cultural Context and Americanized Surnames.” Minnesota Genealogist 52 (Summer 2021): 21-24.
- Genealogical Research Certificate, Boston University, Center for Professional Education
- National Genealogical Society; Montana State Genealogical Society; Lewis and Clark County Genealogical Society; New England Historic Genealogical Society; Minnesota Genealogical Society; Dunham Genealogy Research Association; Cape Breton Genealogy and Historical Association; Genealogical Association of Nova Scotia
- Business site: www.walkergen.com/