- Business Name
- Non-Research Specialties
- Lecturer/Presenter - On-site
- Lecturer/Presenter - Virtual
- Travel & Tour Planner
- Research Specialties
- Court Records
- Dutch Colonies
- Historical Sites
- Land Records
- Paleography (ancient/historical handwriting)
- Research Countries
- Research Time Periods
- 17th Century
- 18th Century
- 19th Century
John Boeren (1973) studied Constitutional Law and History of Law at Tilburg University, and Archival Studies at The Hague School for Archivists, both in The Netherlands. He worked several years at the Tilburg Archives, mainly as a manager of the Services and Education Department. He served the mayors of Tilburg and Goirle until 2018. Since 1988 he is a genealogist, a professional since 2015. He regularly gives lectures in genealogy methods, and is an instructor for genealogy courses.
He was on the national board of NGV (Dutch Genealogical Society) and the board of ISFHWE (International Society of Family History Writers and Editors). He currently serves as a board member of APG (Association of Professional Genealogists) and The Genealogy Show, and as president of the Academy for Genealogy in the Netherlands.
In 2018 he was appointed Knight in the Order of Orange-Nassau for his longstanding service to Dutch society, particulary for his volunteer work in the field of (local) history and genealogy.
- The Hague School for Archivists (Archival Studies), Tilburg University (Constitutional Law & History of Law)
- Basic German (reading only), Basic Latin (reading only), Dutch, English
- Research in all archives in The Netherlands and in the Dutch-speaking part of Belgium.
- - Introduction to Dutch Genealogy
- 25 Rules for Genealogists
- Research in Dutch Parish Records
- Research in Dutch population registers
- How to trace your Dutch ancestors on the internet
- other topics, to be discussed
- John's columns and articles were published in Going In-Depth, the (digital) magazine of The In-Depth Genealogist, Family Tree Magazine (UK), Family Tree Magazine (US). He wrote the Legacy QuickGuide on Dutch genealogy.
- - National Institute for Genealogical Studies (English Records), 2020
- National Institute for Genealogical Studies (Professional Development), 2019
- National Institute for Genealogical Studies (Methodology), 2019
- Dutch Genealogical Society
- Royal Netherlands Society for Genealogy and Heraldry
- National Genealogical Society
- Register of Qualified Genealogists (student member)
- Blog link
- Business site: www.antecedentia.com
|Street Address:||Hasseltplein 40|