- Business Name
- Rooty Branches Genealogy Services
- Non-Research Specialties
- Research Specialties
- Court Records
- Heir Searcher
- Land Platting
- Land Records
- Research Provinces / States
- North Carolina, United States
- Pennsylvania, United States
- Tennessee, United States
- Virginia, United States
- Research Time Periods
- 18th Century
- 19th Century
- 20th Century
Twenty plus years as a paralegal combined with over thirty years of genealogy research provides the perfect array of skills for professional research services.
In pivoting from a paralegal career to genealogy, it only makes sense to offer forensic genealogy services in addition to traditional research. Paralegal experience has provided the skills to locate, understand, and decipher old legal documents.
I subscribe to a variety of genealogy publications, and frequently watch webinars and take courses to enrich my genealogy research.
I am currently a member of ProGen65 working toward certification with the Board for Certification of Genealogists, and am pursuing a Master's Degree in Genealogical, Palaeographic and Heraldic Studies at the University of Strathclyde.
In order to learn more about my own local history, I also volunteer one afternoon a week in the reference room of my local historical society.
I am a member of:
- National Genealogical Society
- Tennessee Genealogical Society
- North Carolina Genealogical Society
- Virginia Genealogical Society
- Association of Professional Genealogists
My personal research is focused in North Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia.
- Old Dominion University (Virginia), B.S. - Interdisciplinary Studies: Professional Writing with a minor in Psychology