- Non-Research Specialties
- Lecturer/Presenter - On-site
- Oral Historian/Interviewer
- Research Specialties
- French Canadian
- Land Records
- Latter-day Saints (Mormon)
- Paleography (ancient/historical handwriting)
- Research Provinces / States
- Puerto Rico, United States
- Arkansas, United States
- Louisiana, United States
- North Carolina, United States
- Quebec, Canada
- South Carolina, United States
- Tennessee, United States
- Virginia, United States
- Research Countries
- Research Time Periods
- 18th Century
- 19th Century
- 20th Century
I have a Bachelors degree in Family History/Genealogy from Brigham Young University. I am an Accredited Genealogist in the US - Mid-south region, Mexico and Spain. I am fluent in Spanish and have done research in Latin America and Spain. I have made research trips to Spain where I visited many national, provincial, and municipal archives. I have also visited 4 national archives in Lisbon, Portugal. I have also done research in the records of French Quebec, Madeira, the Azores, Portugal, France and Italy.
I am currently the supervisor of the International Floor, the Latin America - Southern Europe and German - Slavic research specialist teams, and training coordinator at the Family History Library.
Document transcription in English, Spanish, or Latin. Spanish and Latin document translation. I can extract genealogical information from records in French, Portuguese and Italian. Look-ups at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City. Any other types of family history research as well.
NC, VA, New England, US South, US Southwest, Quebec, Italy, Latin America, Mexico, Portugal, Brazil, and Spain.
- BA Brigham Young University 2009 (Family History/Genealogy)
- Speak and read Spanish; Read Portuguese, Italian, French and Latin
- Family History Library
- I teach classes designed mostly for beginners and intermediates in both English and Spanish. I have taught at NGS, RootsTech, FGS, BYU family history conferences, genealogical society meetings in California and New Mexico. I was the keynote speaker for the National GSHA conference in Ontario, CA in 2017. SLIG coordinator in 2020 and 2022.
- Introduction to Research in Latin America. NGS Magazine 41, no. 3 (July-September 2015): 37-41.