Mailing List Code of Conduct
Subscribers to the APG mailing list agree to follow the guidelines listed
- All participants on the APG mailing list should maintain a courteous and civil discourse. Posting comments to deliberately provoke an angry response is unacceptable. Posts should not be hostile or insulting. If you feel someone on the APG mailing list is behaving inappropriately, please contact the APG office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure that the subject line of your posts (or your replies to another's posts) is current and accurate.
- Wherever possible, trim unnecessary content when replying to a list message. When responding to specifics in another's message, please place your reply "in-line" within the previously-posted content rather than "top-posting". When replying in-line, try to make it clear which statements belong to you versus the original poster. Prefacing the original poster's statements with their name or initials is one way to do this.
- Please do not crosspost messages between this list and any other list. Otherwise, there is the likelihood that someone who is a subscriber to one of the other lists will do a "Reply All," and if they are not a subscriber to the APG list, their message to the APG list will bounce. If you need to send the same message to the APG list and to other lists, send your message to the APG list separately.
- If you are not the author of all content in your posting, make sure you have legal permission to redistribute the material of others. If you do not have this permission, then refer to the material by hyperlink.
- The APG mailing list is archived for posterity. You agree to allow APG to redistribute to the mailing list any of the material which you authored and submitted. You also agree that APG may store this content in archives.
- Subscribers may not post to APG mailing lists anonymously or pseudonymously.
- Postings that advocate or denigrate particular positions of a religious or political nature are inappropriate for the APG mailing list.
- One-time announcements of new genealogical products and services are permitted by each subscriber to the list as long as such announcements are
not made more often than once every three months. All other advertising of commercial products and services is not permitted.
- All APG mailing list participants must adhere to the APG Code of Ethics. Failure to follow these guidelines may result in temporary loss of posting privileges. Repeated failure to follow these guidelines will result in the loss of all mailing list privileges.
Home | Directory | About Us | Activities | Chapters| Membership | Publications
Copyright © Association of Professional Genealogists, 1996-2015