Call for Presentations for 2021 Virtual PMC
Build a Better Business
Due by 18 December 2020
APG is now accepting diverse genealogical proposals geared to assisting and motivating professional genealogists to Build a Better Business. This conference is a virtual event.
PMC sessions will be offered 2 days in each of the months of August, September, and October 2021. Each month will include six virtual presentations and one workshop/panel discussion with time to network with other attendees.
- 24 and 25 August 2021
- 21 and 22 September 2021
- 19 and 20 October 2021
Presentations are 75 minutes, which includes time for questions from attendees. Workshops or Panel Discussions are 150 minutes (2.5 hours) which includes time for activities or class interaction.
Topics of Interest: Suggested topics include these business skills but are not limited to:
- Adapting to the current business climate
- Business forms
- Business writing
- Client communications and relations
- Exploring career options
- Financial management
- Marketing and branding strategies
- Networking and mentoring
- Project management
- Time management
APG will record the presentations. Royalties apply. Please review the compensation policy before submitting proposals.
- The speaker will receive $350 per lecture or $575 per workshop.
- All speakers receive a full complimentary conference registration and complimentary syllabus.
- APG will provide a conference platform (Zoom).
- Because of the virtual platform, speakers do not receive compensation for travel or meals.
- Accepted speakers will supply APG quality syllabus material for the presentation or workshop in the format requested in the contract. If provided by the stated deadline, the speaker will receive an additional $50 per lecture or $75 per workshop or panel discussion.
- Speakers grant permission for recording the lecture(s) or workshop.
- Speakers grant permission for APG to sell the lecture after the conference for a period to end 1 April 2022.
- Speakers will receive a royalty of $1.75 per recording sold after the presentation.
Submission Details: Prospective speakers may submit up to four (4) proposals (lectures or workshops). APG prefers new and original presentations. APG will consider proposals from non-APG members.
Proposals are due by Friday, 18 December 2020.