About the APG Virtual Chapter
The Virtual Chapter is an online-only group. We follow the mission of the Association of Professional Genealogists to support those engaged in the business of genealogy. Membership in the Virtual Chapter is open to worldwide APG members in good standing, though meetings are conducted in English.
- We meet monthly via GoToMeeting at 8:30 p.m. U.S. & Canada Eastern time zone.
- Each meeting features a presentation by a prominent speaker on a dynamic genealogical or genealogy-business-related topic.
- Meetings are announced a month in advance on our Facebook page (closed group). A reminder email is sent to all members approximately a week before the meeting.
- Speaker presentations are recorded for the convenience of members who cannot attend the live sessions, or those who simply wish to view them again.
- Dues are $20 annually and are payable by October 1st of each year.
- Current membership in the Association of Professional Genealogists is required before joining the APG Virtual Chapter.
- Loss of APG membership will result in concurrent loss of membership in the APG Virtual Chapter.
How to join the APG Virtual Chapter
Please download and complete the membership application, which is found on the payments page. Return your completed application to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to write "Membership Application" in your subject line.
APG members can pay dues via PayPal (preferred) or by mailing a check to APG (use the address on the membership application form).
Please note that it can take up to four weeks for payments by check to be processed and membership to become active.