The targeted support available to our members through the Chapters and Special Interest Groups (SIGs) of the Association of Professional Genealogists is a vital part of the success of APG. For this reason, APG is honored to recognize APG Chapters and SIGs that have distinguished themselves through innovative and exemplary support and promotion of their members, APG, and the genealogy profession.
Criteria: A strong performance during the preceding calendar year in areas and activities including:
- Providing consistent, high-quality meetings for Chapter/SIG members
- Promoting APG and its members to the public in unique ways
- Contributing to the APG eNews on a regular basis
- Sharing and initiating ideas for strengthening the Chapter/SIG and/or APG
- Introducing new members to the field of professional genealogy through innovative programing, networking, etc.
Selection: Nominations are made by the Chapter Review Committee and approved by the Executive Committee.
2021 Colorado Chapter
2019 Heartland Chapter
2018 New England Chapter
2017 New Jersey Chapter
2016 Northland Chapter
2015 Greater Philadelphia Area Chapter
2014 National Capital Area Chapter
2013 North Carolina Chapter
2012 Second Life Chapter
2011 Heartland Chapter
2009 New England Chapter
2008 Heartland Chapter