Call for Presentations Now Open for the 2023 APG Professional Management Conference
Reset, Refresh, Refine Your Genealogy Career
APG’s 24th annual Professional Management Conference (PMC), Reset, Refresh, Refine Your Genealogy Career, will be held 19–21 October 2023 in Salt Lake City, Utah, and virtually on Whova.
APG is now accepting proposals for creative, interactive, and actionable learning presentations to energize and boost attendees’ genealogy careers. The deadline for submissions is 11:59 p.m. EDT on Sunday, 19 March 2023, so submit your proposal today!
We are seeking new and original presentations tailored to professional genealogists and their businesses. Prospective speakers may submit up to four (4) proposals (presentations, workshops, or panels). Both in-person and virtual presentations will be considered. APG will also consider proposals from non-APG members. Proposals from international speakers are encouraged.
PMC presentations are longer than the traditional genealogy conference format to allow for in- depth exploration of each topic.
● Presentations are 60 minutes, plus 15 minutes for questions and answers for a total of 75 minutes.
● Workshops or Panel Discussions are 150 minutes (2.5 hours) which includes time for activities and class interaction.
Suggested topics focused on the theme Reset, Refresh, Refine Your Genealogy Career include, but are not limited to:
● Accounting and bookkeeping
● Business formation options and resources
● Designing and presenting lectures and courses
● Diversifying your product offerings
● Ethical considerations
● Finding your niche market
● Forensic Genealogy
● Innovative client reporting
● Marketing, brand, and social media strategies
● Offering packages, pricing, and setting rates
● Project management software and tools
● Safeguarding yourself and your business
● Startup strategies, business planning, and goal setting
● Thinking like an entrepreneur
● Working with a genealogy librarian or archivist
● Writing and publishing
For full details, visit https://apgen.org/cpages/2023-professional-management-conference. The online submission form can be found at https://forms.gle/iEyS8QmBGC7hVgQv9.
Luncheon Presentations: If you or your organization would like to sponsor a luncheon, please do not use the online submission form; instead contact Dawn Carey Henry, PMC Manager at email@example.com.
Deadline for submissions is 11:59 p.m. EDT on Sunday, 19 March 2023.
If you have any questions, please email Dawn Carey Henry, PMC Manager at