[APG Public List] Spartanburg, SC research

Kathy Gunter Sullivan, Certified Genealogist sully1 at carolina.rr.com
Fri Mar 18 15:12:25 MDT 2011

I am an hour from Spartanburg, South Carolina = fuel expenses. I have
minimal specific experience in African-American research.

Some South Carolina records are only accessible at local county
courthouses; however, two questions come to mind:
a) Have Family History Library microfilms been surveyed before
determining an on-site search is needed?
b) Has the catalog of the South Carolina Department of Archives and
History been surveyed? They have county records and also maintain a list
of approved researchers.

Kathy

Kathy Gunter Sullivan, CG (sm)
Charlotte, North Carolina

Certified 1995. Certified Genealogist (CG) is a registered Service Mark
(sm) conferred by the Board for Certification of Genealogists®  to
associates who consistently demonstrate the ability to meet rigorous
ethical and competency standards in accord with peer-reviewed
evaluations every five years. The Board was founded in 1964 to promote
excellence in research, teaching, writing, publishing, and librarianship
by those who pursue genealogy as either a profession or avocation.