[APG Public List] Encore: Free genealogy webinars - Genealogical society program coordinators encouraged

Michael Hait michael.hait at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 15 13:08:09 MDT 2011

I have set the dates for two additional webinars. A little more than 24
hours notice this time!

For those who missed the "What is a 'Reasonably Exhaustive Search'?"
webinar, there will be an encore presentation. This encore incorporates
several suggestions made by attendees of my first webinar, so those
attendees are welcome to attend this encore presentation.

Title:   What is a 'Reasonably Exhaustive Search'?
Date:  Thursday, March 17, 2011
Time:  7:30 PM - 9:00 PM EDT
The first step of the Genealogical Proof Standard is to "complete a
reasonably exhaustive search for all relevant records" related to your
research objective. This presentation discusses what a "reasonably
exhaustive search" constitutes, why this is necessary, and how to conduct a
search.  A case study explores how failing to identify all relevant records
can lead to missing information and forming inaccurate conclusions about
your ancestors' lives.
Space is limited. Reserve your Webinar seat now at:
https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/839046950

Title:   African-American Genealogy: Tearing Down the Brickwalls
Date:  Saturday, March 19, 2011
Time:  1:00 PM - 2:30 PM EDT
Brickwalls in African-American genealogy can be caused by lack of records or
improper research habits. Learning to research effectively can help to avoid
these brickwalls.
Space is limited. Reserve your Webinar seat now at:
https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/606946126

Please see my original notice below for additional information. Additional
webinars will be scheduled in the next two weeks.

Thanks,

Michael Hait
michael.hait at hotmail.com
http://www.haitfamilyresearch.com