[APG Public List] [APG Members] Kentucky tax lists question

JFonkert at aol.com JFonkert at aol.com
Tue Mar 15 12:44:02 MDT 2011

In answer to my own question...

A colleague has told me he has often seen the same thing.  He says  that,
beginning in 1793, taxpayers were permitted to report property from  several
counties in their county of residence.  In addition, he  reminded that the
tax lists I am looking at are probably state-levied taxes --  that is, the
tax revenue went to the state government, not the county. Having  worked half
my career in intergovernmental fiscal relations, I should have  realized
that.  Does anyone else have other insights to share?

In a message dated 3/15/2011 1:11:03 P.M. Central Daylight Time,