[APG Public List] abbreviation [Ida]

Elisabeth Thorsell elisabeth at etgenealogy.se
Wed Mar 9 02:21:46 MST 2011

Hello List

Ida was a very common first name for women in Sweden in the late 1800s
and early 1900s. Now, about 100 years later, it is often used for little
girls, again. Partly because the little sister of Emil in Lönneberga, in
the books by Astrid Lindgren, is called Ida. There is also a song
"Little Ida's Summer Song" that is sung at most grade schools, when the
summer vacation begins.

Names of great grandmothers is very "in" here, like Emma, Alma, Sigrid,
Lisa, etc.

My 25 öre!

Elisabeth Thorsell
Swedish Genealogist&  Writer
Editor of "Swedish American Genealogist"
Visit http://www.etgenealogy.se/sag.htm
Utgivare av nyhetsbrevet "Vi Släktforskare"
Besök http://www.etgenealogy.se