[APG Public List] Jr and Sr

Kathleen Warr kathwarr at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 10:21:02 MST 2011

I have a question regarding the abbreviations Jr. and Sr.  I always
thought that if you had a Jr. then the person they were named after
automatically becomes a Sr.  - for example - My father is James
Michael Cogbill and my brother is James Michael Cogbill, Jr. - so
doesn't that make my father a Sr.?  I was told no that it doesn't
because on my father's birth certificate it doesn't say Sr.  Although
in my thinking it wouldn't because you haven't had a kid yet to be
named after you.

Can someone please explain the rules of Jr. and Sr. to me?

Thanks so much!

--
Kathleen Cogbill Warr
www.olddeadpeople.com