[APG Public List] abbreviation

JFonkert at aol.com JFonkert at aol.com
Tue Mar 8 10:14:56 MST 2011

I've always seen it as a complete name: Ida.  I know several Ida's  from
early 1800s to late 20th Century.

In a message dated 3/8/2011 11:05:50 A.M. Central Standard Time,
ohappyday50 at yahoo.com writes:

Anyone know if Ida is an abbreviation for a woman's first name.   Hitting a
roadblock.  Thanks.

Jay Fonkert,  CG
_http://fourgenerationsgenealogy.blogspot.com/_
(http://fourgenerationsgenealogy.blogspot.com/)
Saint  Paul, MN

Director, Association of Professional  Genealogists
(professional profile at _www.apgen.org)_ (http://www.apgen.org)/)
Member, Genealogical  Speakers Guild
(professional profile at _http://www.genealogicalspeakersguild.org/)_
(http://www.genealogicalspeakersguild.org/))

Member, International Society of Family History Writers and  Editors

CG (Certified Genealogist) is a service mark of  the Board for
Certification of Genealogists, used under license by  Board-certified associates after
periodic competency evaluations.