[APG Public List] Abbreviations of given names

JFonkert at aol.com JFonkert at aol.com
Mon Mar 7 19:33:54 MST 2011

Thank you, Barbara, and others for your advice. Since posting my  question
about 24 hours ago, I have examined some other documents from the  probate
in the same handwriting.  I have found several cases of individuals  known to
be "John" where the clerk abbreviated the name "Jno."  I am  inclined to
believe that the one instance of 'Jo." I asked about probably is  Joseph.  Of
course, I would have preferred it to be John.  The search  goes on.

In a message dated 3/7/2011 8:06:59 P.M. Central Standard Time,