[APG Public List] Need help interpreting 1893 Minnesota marriagelicense

Ray Beere Johnson II raybeere at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 6 20:23:05 MST 2011

The statement "_and parents_ on oath" (emphasis mine) suggests that the parents _were_ involved, at least to the extent of giving their oath to affirm that their son was twenty-one. I have _never_ seen any legal document which stated anyone had given their oath on any matter unless it intended to indicate that they had done just that. So "no involvement by the parents" is a conclusion directly contradicted by the evidence.
                            Ray Beere Johnson II