[APG Public List] Genalogy business plan

Harold Henderson librarytraveler at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 05:42:55 MDT 2011

Debbi --

(1) and (2). What Michael said.

(3) Not right away. At best it takes time. Check out the relevant chapters
in the book Professional Genealogy edited by Elizabeth Shown Mills.

Earning money in genealogy generally requires having more than one income
stream -- client research, writing, publishing, lecturing, teaching, for
instance. Many professionals have additional means of support. I don't know
of any count, but at APG's most recent roundtable on looking for clients,
only one of the four panelists was a full-time genealogist with no spouse to
help out with health insurance.

Harold

--
Harold Henderson