[APG Public List] State - National Budgets: Professional Researchers - Record Credibility

vctinney at sbcglobal.net vctinney at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 22 22:11:58 MST 2011

 Amy, from one Ohio "Buckeye" to another, I note:
http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Portals/18/education/pdf/buckeyestate.pdf

The statement of "record credibility,"was used in my email
setting, re: "This site supersedes and displaces reliance
on more locally funded sites, and has a higher status of
record credibility for researchers."  The Family Genealogy
& History  Internet Education Directory (1), has a wide range
of high quality sources that minimizes the possibility of having
undiscovered evidence; (2), promotes in a top down hierarchy
of related web search connections, key primary peer review by
originating authorities, and (3) expands the scope of resources
which are immediately available to the professional researcher,
reducing actual costs for physical access and related expenses.
http://academic-genealogy.com/ (UPDATED)

REFERENCES:
 (1)
The first element of  "The Genealogical Proof Standard"
is a reasonably exhaustive search, which assumes
examination of a wide range of high quality sources
and minimizes the probability that undiscovered evidence
will overturn a too-hasty conclusion.
http://www.bcgcertification.org/resources/standard.html

(2)
In evaluating web resources, the first of the six major
categoriesof criteria, is Authority (of a site or a page).
http://www.bcgcertification.org/skillbuilders/skbld045.html

(3)
Financial and other considerations also prompt
clients to narrow the scope of resources within
which the genealogist                         is authorized to work.
http://www.bcgcertification.org/publications/onboard/article3.html

In other words, as stated on the front page, re: research sites:
http://academic-genealogy.com/index.htm#ACADEMIC
This website is educationally constructed to reflect
the process used when actually doing practical
genealogy and family history research.  It is the
generational  historian's approach to the study of
the history of families worldwide, establishing
comprehensive  evidence based family studies
within and  aboutthe  lines of descent from the
researched ancestry.  Resources are systematically
composed  into key information pedigree  charts,
each branching down from major topical data
format headings, into descending sub table
knowledge nodes, especially identified for
specific sub subjects and  sub groups, all
related back to ascending ladders of
hierarchical linked record  references.
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/lessons/L1_Descendancy_Research.pdf

V. Chris & Tom Tinney, Sr.