[APG Public List] FW: [TX-ETGS] Proposed Texas Budget Demolishes Statewide LibraryPrograms

Amy Crow amy at amyjohnsoncrow.com
Sat Jan 22 06:20:42 MST 2011

With so many states facing severe budget shortfalls and with this being the "season" to start the budget process, this is likely only the beginning.

I urge everyone to pay close attention in their own states, counties and municipalities as budgets are being discussed. Contact your legislators/commissioners/council-people if there are cuts that you find unacceptable. Libraries and archives are often on the first line of cuts.

It's just like voting -- if you don't become part of the process, you have no right to complain if you don't get the results you want.

Amy Johnson Crow, CG,
Reynoldsburg, Ohio
(Where we're facing a probable $8B budget shortfall in the state budget. You better believe they're going to go after libraries, just like they did in the last biennial budget.)