[APG Public List] Forensic Genealogy

Alvie L Davidson floridasearch at verizon.net
Fri Jan 21 01:37:11 MST 2011

Good morning Elizabeth, et al  <g>
There was a huge winter thunderstorm woke me this morning so I said why try
to go back to bed.  Here I am reading email and found your latest are
somehow being dumped into my Junk Mail folder.
After reading it I wanted to make a comment to your entry into this thread.
I do a load of "forensic genealogy" for attorneys and real estate title
companies.  The comment I wanted to make is that most of them are surprised
as to how much "in-depth" my research goes and how diligent I am toward
offer strong proof evidence.  They said they had never had any researcher
offer sometimes a second level of evidence where the first document might
appear a bit weak.  I told them that I just wanted to make sure that
Circuit Judge did not reject my report when his judicial assistant (JA)
reads it and writes his/her report for the court.
I recently worked on the family genealogy of a lady who died in Tampa and
she was supposed to have no family.  She was the baby daughter and last
child in a family of 9 children.  Two children had no lineal descendants but
the other six left a total of 41 heirs.  Sad part about all this is that the
estate was only $30,000.00.  No matter how much money was left, the proper
and correct heirs-at-law need to be proven.
Love my work.  Hope to see you in Birmingham.

Alvie L. Davidson
Lakeland, FL