[APG Public List] [APG Members] Forensic Genealogist

Meredith Hoffman / GenerationsWeb mhoffman at generationsweb.com
Thu Jan 20 10:22:31 MST 2011

Speaking as a graduate of the BU course, the three weeks that we spent on forensic genealogy were informative, instructive, and fascinating. Melinde Lutz Sanborne, who is a skilled working forensic genealogist, was the instructor. She covered the ethical and legal aspects of doing fg and the ways in which it's different from ancestor-focused genealogical research, gave a comprehensive presentation of the various "branches" of fg, talked about how to get involved/engaged as a professional fg, and provided us with several lengthy real-life practicums that enabled us to get a real feel for doing forensic genealogy.

As with the rest of the course, this "module" was outstanding and worthwhile.

--Meredith

Meredith Hoffman, M.A. Linguistics
GenerationsWeb / Plymouth, MA

JGSGB Publicity Chair