[APG Public List] [APG Members] IPAD

Liv Marit Haakenstad birislek at online.no
Wed Jan 19 04:57:00 MST 2011

Hello,
I am living in Norway, but bought a iPad in Us in May. I have used
Ancestry.com and Footnote.com from my iPad. The new website for Familysearch
are using flash, so that might be a problem.
Legacy have their own app, Families
http://news.legacyfamilytree.com/legacy_news/families---iphone-app/, but I
prefer GedView - http://www.ritter.demon.co.uk/Projects/gedview.html

It is also several other apps out where - databases with some marriage,
divorce and death-records for certain areas. Research app - keep trace with
what you need to check again etc.

My advice is:
- iPad
- A good screenprotector (they could put it on in the store for you)
- Wireless Bluetooth keyboard (Apple Wireless Keyboard)
- Incase has a very good case where you could turn it sideways and let it
stand. See www.bestbuy.com and Incase - Convertible Book Jacket for Apple®
iPad™ - Black Model: CL57512R | SKU: 1502231.
- apps like Page (or another texteditor, but I think this one is good),
GedView, a timetracker and Dropbox. And maybe you want a project manager.

Best regards,
Liv Marit Haakenstad
www.genfind.org