[APG Public List] Questions on Social Security Benefits Application

Dee Gibson-Roles wncgen at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 9 18:36:06 MST 2011

Joan and all,
I just ran this by a good friend who is retired from Social Security and her
function was taking initial applications and making sure all the necessary data
was there before processing them.  She says that the marriage record would not
necessarily be there in the initial application, but would likely be a part of
subsequent supporting documentation.  She also said exactly what you said: if
the children were born during a marriage, it is presumed that they were the
children of the husband unless proven otherwise.  At any rate,  it sure wouldn't
ever hurt to look at the entire application, because the one paper that's not
check out is the very one that the information sought will be on!

Dee