[APG Public List] Questions on Social Security Benefits Application

Sheri Fenley sherifenley at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 15:02:40 MST 2011

That may be true, but the benefits paid to the children would be sent to a
benefit administrator who doesn't have to be the children's mother or even
the next of kin.  Proof of the relationship of the children to the deceased
wage earner is what is required not the marriage of the deceased wage earner
in order for the children to receive their benefits.

On the other hand, what the heck - order the record and see what they have
on file,  LOL

Sheri Fenley
Stockton, California

On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 1:39 PM, <JYoung6180 at aol.com> wrote:

>  Donna-
> In all probability the marriage record would be on file because it would be
> the proof needed to establish that the children are children of the deceased
> wage earner.
> Once a person dies (in this case both parties to the marriage record are
> deceased) FOIA goes into effect and you should be able to order the record
> provided they haven't trashed it by now.
> Joan
>  In a message dated 1/9/2011 4:21:27 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
> donna316 at tx.rr.com writes:
> Hello:
> I have posed this question to the Social Security Administration with no
> response as of yet, so I thought I'd ask my question here.
> In 1968, a man, previously widowed, died leaving three small children.
> Would the application for Social Security death benefits for the children
> include the marriage date for the parents of the children?  Is this
> application obtainable through the Freedom of Information Act?   At least
> two of the children (now adults) are still living.  Would one of them need
> to order the record instead of me?
> I appreciate the benefit of you experience!
> Warmest Regards,
> Donna
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <../attachments/20110109/bbae03d4/attachment.htm>

More information about the APGPublicList mailing list